The Ryerson study follows a large workplace survey in the United States and Britain, which suggested 40 per cent of employers regularly read employees' e-mails.
The results of the aforesaid study will most probably be exactly the same if such a study would be conducted in South Africa.
It is imperative for organisations in South Africa, when dealing with monitoring of communications, to ensure they comply not only with the Regulation of Interception of Communications and Provision of Communication-Related Information Act 2002, but also the Labour Relations Act and other Privacy related legislation.
For more information on:
- eCommunication Policy
- Record Management Policy
- IT Security Policy
- Interception and Monitoring Policy
- Awareness programs for employees
- In-house training to address the above issue
- Correct implementation of a procedure / process to deal with the Interception of Communications
- Software to assist with the implementation of Policies,
Tel: 011 782 9511